Saturday, November 24, 2007

Reading material

So my language of choice will be C#. I am not 100% sure this will work as far as I can tell, but I like managed code a lot and feel it deserves a go at it. The graphics API of choice is DirectX. I have worked with OpenGL a little in the past, and chose DirectX simply to try and learn something new. Since I don't really know anything about this API, I am reading a couple of books that cover both C# and DirectX. One is Beginning C# Game Programming, a book written with humor, which I appreciate, and that covers the very basics of C# and then moves into DirectX. Another is Managed DirectX 9 Kick Start. Both use DirectX in its managed API, which is still non-existent in DirectX 10. I am not sure if Microsoft will publish a managed API for the latest version of DirectX, but once again, I am trying to stick with managed code. If it doesn't work, no worries, we move on to unmanaged DirectX. The dice are rolled, let's hope it's not snake eyes!

0 comments: